Spring and Summer Employment in Entomology. Valuable research experience!
Assist with research on Integrated Pest Management, Biological Control, and Insect Ecology in a fun, educational environment. Job description:
- Assist with greenhouse and outdoor research on insect pests of ornamental plants
- Assist in laboratory work including insect rearing, counting, and experimentation
- Maintain plants in greenhouse and outdoor research sites
- Possible travel to other U.S. cities for insect sampling fieldwork
- Spring 8-24 hours/ week
- Summer 40 hours/ week
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions
- Must be available fulltime during the summer
Entomology or prior experience is not required. Interested students should send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Steve Frank (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kevin McCluney (email@example.com).
Cover letters should:
– indicate why the applicant is interested in the position
– describe any prior research experience or relevant skills, if applicable
– indicate whether full-time (paid) or part-time (for course credit) work is sought
Graduate Student Positions
Insect Ecology and Integrated Pest Management at North Carolina State University
A PhD assistantship is available in the Ecology and IPM lab (ecoIPM.com) of Steve Frank. Research in my lab focuses on understanding the ecology and management of arthropods in urban areas and in greenhouse and nursery production systems. I am seeking a highly motivated PhD student who is broadly interested in applying ecological research to reducing insecticide use and associated risks. This position is not tied to a particular project so the student will have flexibility to pursue their interests. Undergraduate degree in entomology, ecology, or related field is required. Qualified candidate can start fall 2013. For more information please visit our lab website http://ecoipm.com. Send current CV, GRE scores, GPA, and brief statement of interests and experience to Steve Frank (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.